The consortium works around four pillars of activities:
Pillar #1: Fundraising, partnerships & compliance.
Objective: To increase consortium members’ access to funding information, opportunities, and funds, as well as capacity to absorb funds.
- Development of annual fundraising strategy; Identification of grants and dissemination amongst members.
- Training in grant-writing; technical support in drafting proposals.
- Collective applications.
- Identification of target donors; Introductions to donors; Roundtables with donors.
- Training in financial management, procurement and other compliance; Technical support and exchange of good practices on policies and protocols for compliance.
Pillar 2: Capacity-maximization.
Objective: To maximize the existing capacity of the consortium members and address current organizational and programmatic gaps through collaboration.
- Future platform for members to share best practices, tools and training materials.
- Identification of training priorities.
- Virtual trainings with internal and external experts.
- Peers to peers support: Technical support from members to members on organizational and program development.
Pillar #3: Innovation & technology integration.
Objective: To increase the consortium members' access to technologies and innovations to support their programs and bolster impact.
- Introduction to international innovations, entrepreneurs, innovation programs and donors.
- Application to humanitarian innovation grants.
- Integrating innovation into ‘traditional programs’ - piloting, adoption, scale.
- Gathering and dissemination of lessons learned in humanitarian innovation integration.
Pillar 4: Global visibility and communication strategy.
Objective: To increase the consortium members’ visibility and role in national, regional, and international humanitarian circles.
- Conduct research on current global visibility of CBO - including good practices and challenges.
- Self-assessment on consortium current global visibility and communication strategy.
- Training and technical support in creating communication plan and messages.
- Drafting of blog entries.
- Campaigns and other social media oriented actions.
- Participation and presentations in conferences.
- Interviews in international podcasts.
- Involvement in/with national and international media.